The Buying Legal® Council is the international trade organization for professionals tasked with sourcing legal services and managing supplier relationships. Our members work on the client side, hold procurement, operations or other in-house positions at their organizations. Members at every stage in their career benefit from participating in the Buying Legal® Council.
- We support you through advocacy, networking, education, research, and information.
- Joining the Buying Legal® Council will enhance your professional training, give you access to practical resources, and connect you with your peers.
- You will add more value to your organization and improve your performance by learning from others and their best practices, and avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Join today to increase your knowledge, skill, efficiency, effectiveness, and become a true subject matter expert.
JOIN THE BUYING LEGAL® COUNCIL AND YOU WILL
BENEFIT IN MULTIPLE WAYS
- Access the Buying Legal® Toolbox, the largest collection of knowledge on legal procurement: Legal Procurement "Cheat Sheets", Legal Procurement Primers, Best Practices Videos, Legal Lesson Videos, Conference Slides and Materials, Diversity & Inclusion Materials, Templates, Legal Procurement Surveys since 2016, as well as hundreds of articles published on legal procurement will help you to become better, more sophisticated, and even more successful buyers of legal services. Members get free access to this well organized and easy to view material.
- Our 10-step onboarding process will help you succeed quickly in the legal category.
Education & Insights
- We are the only organization focused on educating professional buyers or legal services. Buyers from Fortune 500 companies and international equivalents come to us for their legal category onboarding and continued professional development.
- You will have access to the latest thinking and best practices on buying legal, alternative legal, and ancillary legal services. Our educational material will make you even more successful at your job.
- Our Market Intelligence Report Legal is the most comprehensive report of its kind -- for Members, it is free of charge. All others pay US$1,500. In addition, you will have access to many proprietary studies and research into buying legal services.
Opportunity to learn from and share with other professionals in similar roles
In-person and online forums for the exchange of ideas, insight, and knowledge
- Best Practices webinars: Learn about the latest trends and best practices from experts in the field. Our Best Practices webinars cover the whole range of buying legal services and managing supplier relationships, including legal spend management, RFPs, fee arrangements, negotiating with law firms, scorecards for firms and others.
- Legal Lessons: Increase your category knowledge with our “Mini Law School” webinars on different legal topics and legal systems. The Legal Lessons will help you become a better, more sophisticated buyer of legal services.
Thank you for engaging.
Dr. Silvia Hodges Silverstein, CEO Buying Legal® Council and lecturer in law, Columbia Law School
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GETTING STARTED IN THE LEGAL CATEGORY? CLICK HERE FOR THE TEN STEPS TO SUCCESS ONBOARDING PROGRAM.
READY TO JOIN?
Membership in the Buying Legal®Council is open to anyone working on the client side: in legal procurement, operations, the legal department at large or other in-house positions.
We offer individual and corporate memberships:
Corporate membership includes up to 10 team members worldwide.
Individual membership stays with the member, even if he/she changes employer. Conference call participation is limited to the individual member and does not extend to his/her colleagues.
Membership runs for a twelve-month period from the time you sign up.
No refunds on memberships or friendships.Do you work for a law firm, legal services provider, consultancy or software company?
Please become a Friend. Click here.